Based predominantly at the Northcott & Barnfield Theatres. You will be the welcoming face of the theatre, meeting and greeting our audiences as they arrive and being available to help where required.
- Undertake welcoming duties both inside and outside the auditoriums to ensure audiences are safe and happy
- Check tickets and show people to their seats
- Answer questions and assist with problems from our audience members
- Assist in the emergency evacuation of the theatre
- Sell ice creams/programmes
- Assist with clearing the auditorium of rubbish
- Represent the theatre by wearing the volunteer uniform
- Act as a good ambassador to the theatre supporting the values of the Exeter Northcott Theatre
Please note the minimum age requirement to become a volunteer is 18.
Our team of volunteers come from all walks of life and have diverse schedules. We ask that you offer to volunteer a minimum of 2 performances per month, but many of our volunteers choose to do more than this. An average volunteer shift lasts just over 3 hours, depending on the length of the performance. We ask that you are on duty at least 45 minutes before the start of the performance (usually by 6.45pm for evening performances).Apply to be a volunteer Back to main volunteer page