WHAT WE ARE DOING
Exeter Northcott Theatre is committed to environmental sustainability: in recent years we have taken various steps to reduce waste, increase recycling, reduce our energy consumption and pollution, and use local, sustainable and ethical suppliers wherever possible.
HOW YOU CAN HELP…
there are lots of ways you can help us achieve our green goals while visiting the theatre:
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
- Recycle paper, plastic and aluminium in the recycling bins located in the downstairs foyer.
- Recycle glass bottles at the bar. (For health and safety reasons we have to issue plastic glasses for people taking drinks into the auditorium, but these can be recycled in the foyer afterwards.)
- Use reusable coffee cups rather than disposable ones and use refillable water bottles rather than plastic ones.
- Use public transport where possible – the theatre is located on a university campus with excellent bus links, a short walk from the mainline train station.
>> Click here for more information about public transport connections.
- We have recently introduced Green Matinees – reduced price midweek matinee shows for those able and willing to travel by public transport.
- Walk or cycle to the theatre if you are able to – the university campus is well served by cycle parks (including one by the entrance to the theatre).
- We realise that for some of our visitors, driving here is the only practical option, especially during the evening; why not reduce your carbon footprint by sharing your car with others?
>> Click here for more information about Car Share Devon.
LOCALLY-SOURCED, FAIRTRADE & ETHICAL SUPPLIERS
- The View Restaurant & Bar sells a range of locally-sourced beers and soft drinks and has a fairtrade coffee menu. All food is locally-sourced and seasonal wherever possible.
Thank you for helping us to do our bit to become a greener more sustainable organisation.